Editing prices across your products are seamless in Thinkspace. Price Rules can be added to particular Brands or Designers to affect prices on your website. Price Rules are particularly useful for the Brands that provide prices at Cost and then allow you to mark them up. Also instead of updating pricing item by item, Price Rules can save you a ton of time.
To get started login to your site's Admin.
In this Article
Related Article: How Do I Disable Pricing?
Add a Markup
Price Rules are located in your Admin's main menu under Shop > Price Rules. To add a new rule click the Add Price Rule button in the top right hand corner.
Once you're on the Add Price Rule form, select your markup Effect.
There are 5 different options for the markup Effect.
- Fixed Markup - Fixed markup is a fixed number added to the cost price, a fixed markup of $100 on a $50 item will result in a final price of $150. When entering a fixed markup, you can omit the leading dollar sign and enter that particular fixed number, 100, 200, 1000, etc.
- Percentage Markup - Percentage markup is a percentage multiplied by the cost price, a percentage markup of 100% on a $50 item will result in the final price of $100. Percentages are entered as decimals, 0.50 = 50%, 1.00 = 100%, 2.0 = 200%, 2.5 = 250%, etc.
- Not Available - This will allow the products in the particular brand to show pricing but not allow the items to go into a cart/checkout.
- Call For Price - This will turn off both the pricing and ability to go to cart/checkout for all items in the particular brand.
- No Effect - This will leave the brand pricing and cart/checkout rules as they are without adding any effect.
Tip: Markdowns work exactly the same as markups but you can use a negative number or percentage.
Once you've entered your markup details, select the Brand you're looking to change from the dropdown. Click Save in the bottom right corner and you're all set!
Editing an Existing Markup
Follow the same instructions listed above but instead of choosing "Add Price Rule", clicking on an existing Price Rule to open up an edit screen by clicking on Markup.
On the following screen you will be able to change the Effect, Markup, Decimal Rounding and Brand.
Make sure to Save!
Removing a Markup
In order to Remove a Markup, you can use 1 of 2 options:
The first option is to click on the check box next to the Markup (you can choose multiple price rules/markups at one time). Then from the Action dropdown menu, choose Delete Selected Price Rule and click Apply.
The second option is to click on the Markup you want to edit in order to get to the edit screen.
On the following screen, click on the Delete button in the bottom left corner.