In this article you will learn how to replace, add, hide, delete, link and rearrange slide show images (also known as banners). Slide shows can be useful in displaying lifestyle, vendor and/or promotional banner graphics. Slide shows are most commonly used on the homepage, but can be used on many other types of pages as well. To get started login to your site's Admin.
Once you're logged in:
- Navigate to Content > Slide Shows
- Click on the slide show you wish to edit (most likely it is 'Home')
To replace or add a new image:
- To replace an image scroll to the slide (aka image) you wish to replace
To add a new image scroll to the first empty slide underneath all your other slide show images
- Click the "Choose file" button next to the Image field
- Find the file on your computer, select it, and click "Open"
- Click "Save" in either the top-right or bottom-right of this page
In a single slide show, each image should be the exact same dimensions. To learn what size your images need to be before uploading:
- Right click on an image that you know is the right size (an image we, Thinkspace, added to the site for you is a good bet)
- Select "Open image in new tab"
- Hover your mouse over the tab that opens - in parenthesis you will see the image dimensions
Any image you want to swap out or add another one of on the website, you can learn the dimensions of by doing the above.
A slide show image must be the following before you upload it to the site:
- The correct dimensions as the other photos you are adding it in the mix with.
- Compressed for web. We like to use this online image compressor: https://compressor.io/compress
To hide an image you may want to use at a later date:
- From the "Status" dropdown select "Inactive" and click "Save" in either the top-right or bottom-right of this page
To delete an image that you'll never want to use again:
- Click the check box next to 'Delete' in red and click "Save" in either the top-right or bottom-right of this page.
To link a slide show image to somewhere on your site or another site:
- Put the URL of where you want the user to go when they click on the image in the 'URL' field (not to be confused with the 'Image url' field!)
To control the order of your slide show images:
- Via the 'Order' field place a '1' for the image you want to show first, '2' for the image you want to show second, and so on.
The following screenshot references the above instructions, as well as:
When you add a new slide show image there are generally (generally as in there are exceptions, albeit rare) a few fields you should fill out, and a few you shouldn't. The red boxes indicate fields which should be filled out.
The green box is for Mobile. We are working on a feature to have a mobile version of each slide show image, but it is not done yet. Soon you will be able to upload a mobile version of each slide show image within the same space you upload the desktop version.