If your store is celebrating an anniversary or just getting a fresh new look, you may need to update your logo to match your new marketing materials. The following steps will help you give your logo a refresh.
To get started login to your site's Admin.
- From the Dashboard, go to Settings and choose Company from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the section called Appearance.
- Upload your new logo to the Logo field. Make sure the new logo is not more than 200 pixels tall. This is to ensure that the header of the site doesn't stretch too tall and take up too much of the homepage and so that the logo doesn't conflict with the hardcoded account icons in the header (like wishlist and customer account login). Using a .png file for your logo is a safe choice because .png files default to a clear background. Files that include background colors could compete with the background color of the header of the site. You can also use a .jpg file for your logo - if your header color is white, try to make sure the background color of your logo is also white.
- Feel free to leave the Logo URL field blank - this will only be used if you are hosting your logo file on another website which is almost never the case.
- You also have an option to upload a logo on a white background which the system will use when it is appropriate but you don't have to fill that one in if your logo is already on a white background. Feel free to leave this field blank.
- Make sure to Save
Note: On some sites, there may also be a logo in the footer of the site and this will not automatically update using the instructions above. You will need to navigate to Content > Pages and choose any page to access the footer of the site and switch out the logo separately.