This article explains how to add lab-grown diamonds to your website.
To get started login to your site's Admin.
Step 1 - Before adding the lab Grown diamonds to your website make sure to separate lab-grown diamonds from natural diamonds on your diamond search page
- Login and go to admin>content>pages and search for the page called "Search Diamonds"
- Click on the page and then go to 'Edit Options'
- Check the box to "Hide manmade" to keep them separate from the natural diamonds
Step 2 - Now configure your website settings to accept Lab-Grown Diamonds
- Go to admin>settings>gemstone
- Check the box to "Include Lab-Grown Diamonds"
- Make sure to select a diamond dealer that offers lab-grown diamonds
Step 3 - Add a new diamond listing page for the lab-grown diamonds to keep them separate from the natural diamonds
- Go to admin>content>pages and click "Add page"
- Choose "diamonds' for the page "Category"
- Make sure to select "Gemstone Lab-Grown List" for the page "Type/Template"
- Add a URL such as /diamonds/lab-grown/
- Provide a title tag and meta description, if desired
- Save the page
Step 3 - Make sure Diamond Markups are set at admin>gemstone>diamond markups. Please note that the same price markup is used for both natural and lab-grown diamonds. Another option is to Use Call for Price functionality for all loose diamonds and then quote prices to consumers on the phone or via chat.
Step 4 - go to the page on the front end and make sure it is displaying properly
Step 5 - Set a menu item to link to the new page under admin>content>menu items