In this article you will learn how to install the Custom Contact Form with code that you were provided by Custom Contact.
Please note, we are not able to make the form bigger or smaller as the form will be embedded onto your site with code from Custom Contact. Therefore, if you have questions about editing the form or size, you will need to contact Custom Contact.
To get started login to your site's Admin.
In this article
There are two things needed when installing a Custom Contact Form onto your site. The first one is the Universal Code and then the Inline Code. If you have any questions about where this information is, please contact Custom Contact.
You will first install the Universal Code.
Installing Universal Code
1. Once you are in the admin portion of your site, there is a navigation bar at the top. You will first need to click on Settings:
2. Next click on Pages.
3. Look for the area that says "After <body> tags.> This is where you will place your Universal Code.
4. Paste the WHOLE code into the area and it should look close to this.
5. Hit Save or Save and Continue Editing to save your changes.
Installing Inline Code
Next you will install the inline code for your Custom Contact form. Most forms are only visible on the home page, but it can be installed on any page. For this example, we will be using the home page.
1. Click on Content
2. Click on Pages
3. You can search for the page that you want to install the custom contact widget on or create a new one. If you want to create a new page, please follow this article: Create a New Page. For example, if you want to install the Custom Contact Form on the home page, you would type "Home" and then search.
4. Click on Home or the page that you created.
4a.. If clicking on the page title did not take you to the widgets section of the page, click on Edit Contents over on the right hand side.
5. You should now be on the widgets page and look like below:
6. Next you will decide where you want the Custom Contact Form to be on the page. Most sites use the "Footer" section for any newsletters. For this example, we will be using the "Footer Infobar Right." There is no right or wrong dock to put the code in, it's where ever you want your form to be. Select the dock of where you want your form to be embedded.
7. Next you will want to select the "code editor" widget and drag this to the area in the docks that you want your Custom Contact form to be placed.
8. Click on the "Code Editor" Widget and then you will install your Inline Code. You will want to install the WHOLE code.
9. Don't forget to hit the "Save Widget" at the bottom of the widget for your changes to go live on your site.
10. Refresh or go to the page that you installed the widget on, and your form should now be installed.