The location map on your company location page is automatically generated using your store address. Occasionally Google will not return the correct map for a given address for whatever reason (shopping mall locations are a common case.)
Luckily Thinkspace has provided a way to override that automatically generated map with another embedded map of your own creation. This is done in 2 steps so please follow in the instructions below:
Part 1: Google Maps
- First, head over to Google Maps by either looking up your store on Google search or using your google for business account. You should get a page that looks something like this:
- Click on the "Share" link on that map. You will get a popup like this one. Click on "Embed Map":
- Now you will get a different version of the map, along with a very long "Embed Code" here:
- You will need to copy ONLY PART of that code to your website. You will need to copy everything BEGINNING with "https://...." and ENDING with the with the next double quotes ( " ).
So if the full code is this:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d2909.015844701013!2d-79.23159298451722!3d43.18817837914007!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x89d350c19c770215%3A0x82fcf521851b50af!2sVandenDool+Jewellers!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1474384442949" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You want to only copy the highlighted part as shown above.
Part 2: Thinkspace Site
- From here, sign into the Admin of your site.
- Navigate to Company / Locations and click on the Location you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the section called Map Rendering and from the dropdown menu, make sure Use Map Search Override is selected.
- Then paste that highlighted part of the Google Maps embed code that you copied in Part 1 into the field called Map Search Override.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make sure to Save!
Now refresh the locations page on the front end of the site and see what you have. If you see a map coming in from Google, you did it right, if you got an error message or nothing at all. Go back and make sure you have your code clipped correctly.
If you still can't get it working, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.